S + Can + Verb
S + Can + Not + Verb
Can + S + Verb
– They can speak English
They can not speak English
Can they speak English?
– My younger sister can walk on the floor
My younger sister can not walk on the floor
Can my younger sister walk on the floor?
– You can buy anything with your money
You can not buy anything with your money
Can you buy anything with your money?
– They can control their own budgets
They can not control their own budgets
Can they control their own budgets?
– I can smoke here
I can not smoke here
Can I smoke here?
S + May + Verb
S + May + Not + Verb
May + S + Verb
– China may become a major economic power
China may not become a major economic power
May China become a major economic power?
– They may take this pen
They may not take this pen
May they take this pen?
– I may come tomorrow if I have time
I may not come tomorrow if I have time
May I come tomorrow if I have time?
– We may be buying a new house
We may not be buying a new house
May we be buying a new house?
– It may rain tomorrow
It may not rain tomorrow
May it rain tomorrow?
S + May + Verb
S + May + Not + Verb
May + S + Verb
– I must wake up early
I must not wake up early
Must I wake up early?
– You must do it at once
You must not do it at once
Must you do it at once?
– He must be here by nine o’clock
He must not be here by nine o’clock
Must he be here by nine o’clock
– We must say good-bye now
We must not say good-bye now
Must we say good-bye now?
– They must walk to school
They must not walk to school
Must they walk to school?
S + Might + Verb
S + Might + Not + Verb
Might + S + Verb
– They might take this pen
They might not take this pen
Might they take this pen?
– We might go to the market
We might not go to the market
Might we go to the market?
– Mother might cook soup today
Mother might not cook soup today
Might mother cook soup today?
– I might be sick today
I might not be sick today
Might I be sick today?
– I might see you again
I might not see you again
Might I see you again?
S + Should + Verb
S + Should + Not + Verb
Should + S + Verb
– You should treatment the dentist
You should not treatment the dentist
Should you treatment the dentist?
– I should wash my clothes
I should not wash my clothes
Should I wash my clothes?
– We should sort out this problem at once
We should not sort out this problem at once
Should we sort out this problem at once?
– He should go to the doctor
He should not go to the doctor
Should he go to the doctor?
– I should stay up late
I should not stay up late
Should I stay up late?
S + Would + Verb
S + Would + Not + Verb
Would + S + Verb
– You would please pass the salt
You would not please pass the salt
Would you please pass the salt?
– You would mild waiting a moment
You would not mild waiting a moment
Would you mild waiting a moment?
– I would pass the book
I would not pass the book
Would I pass the book?
– He would help me
He would not help me
Would he help me?
– We would like to play golf
We would not like to play golf
Would we like to play golf?
– he walks to school although he has a bike
– she has cat although she does not like it
– I will go to hospital although I am not sick
8. Had Better
S + Had Better + Verb
S + Had Better + Not + Verb
Had Better + S + Verb
– I had better watch TV
I had better not watch TV
Had better I watch TV?
– You had better tell her everything
You had better not tell her everything
Had better you tell her everything
– I had better get back to work
I had better not get back to work
Had better I get back to work?
– You had better say anything
You had better not say anything
Had better you say anything?
– We had better meet early
We had better not meet early
Had better we meet early?
9. Have to
S + Have to + Verb
S + do / does + Not + Have to + verb
Do / Does + S + Have to + Verb
– You have to come with us
You don’t have to come with us
Do you have to come with us?
– We have to go out to night
We don’t have to go out to night
Do we have to go out to night?
– I have to go home now
I don’t have to go home now
Do I have to go home now?
– They have to finish this before by one o’clock
They don’t have to finish this before by one o’clock
Do they have to finish this before by one o’clock
– We have to leave today
We don’t have to leave today
Do we have to leave today?
10. Would Rather
Subject + would rather + infinitive…….than……..
– I would rather play football than badminton
What would you rather play football or badminton?
– She would rather speak Indonesian than English
What would she rather speak Indonesian or English?
– We would rather watch TV than go to school
What would we rather watch TV or go to school?
– He would rather study mathematics than English
What would he rather study mathematics or English?
11. Would Prefer
Subject + would prefer + to +infinitive………rather than……
– I would prefer to play football rather than Badminton
What would you prefer to play, football or badminton?
– She would prefer to speak English rather than Spanish
What would she prefer to speak,English or Spanish?
– Students would prefer to study English rather than mathematics
What would students prefer to study, mathematics or English?
– He would prefer to watch TV rather than go to school
What would he prefer to watch TV or go to school?